Sunday 10 June 2012

Visitors

So happy fun times, my semester has finished, I'm officially done with school here in New Zealand, and what do I get to do to celebrate? Why hang out with my brother and his wife who've come to visit! It's pretty freaking fantastic because, being on the other side of the world, I haven't seen anyone from home in a while. Some of you may be wondering, they came all the way to visit YOU? Why? She's weird, you can tell from this blog! All of these things are true, I shan't deny them. Anyway, it wasn't strictly to visit me, but to make a long story short Naomi (my sister-in-law) had a month of sabbatical to use, so they decided to spend part of it with me. I'm very grateful that they decided to trek all the way out here to hang with me, it's been fun so far.
They got here on Friday evening, so we went out for food, hung out mostly and planned things to do for the next day or so. Saturday was lots of fun, we hiked up Mt. Vic, Bri and Nomes got introduced to the Wellington wind, and then we did some museum-ing at Te Papa. The evening consisted of another dinner out, and then a night on out on the town. There was much consumption of beer and lots of frivolities. Sunday was fairly chill. We recovered from the previous evening, went down to do Sunday market stuffs, and then went for a hike out to see some seals (same colony I went to last time). Dinner was special tonight, because Shannon, Enika, and Souzie and I cooked up a 'traditional' lamb roast for them. It was an excellent feed, with good company.

Sorry about the rushed post, we're going traveling up to the Tongariro national park tomorrow (full day of driving, yay!) and I wanted to let people know what was up before I ran off to collect more stories for le blog.  I'll be back in about 10 days, with hopefully a diary of stories to share, then only a couple days until home! It's hard to believe my trip's gone so fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment